Tuesday, June 4, 2013

May Favorites!


Happy beginning of the summer!



Hey guys!
Today I have my monthly favorites for ya. This month has been full of little trips and fun moments for me.Maybe that's why I think it went by so fast. But....summer is coming and I get super excited for the rainbow colored nails,bikinis and of course going to the beach! I have already started my preparation for a descent tan. Although I never get pretty tanned! For that, I've been loving my Body Shop Chocomania soap. This stuff is amazing! One of my best friends actually got this for me as a birthday present. She knew I wanted to try an exfoliating soap and she picked it up randomly just because it was cute. It ended up being one of my favorite things in the wholeee world! It has the most addicting smell to it, plus it does a great job! The exfoliating bits are bigger than the common ones, but for keeping your tan or for using a fake tan, this is amazing. Below I have a picture for ya, but I am doing a full review for that soon, as I have so many thing to share with you about this product. So, stay tuned for that!


Body Shop Chocomania soap

So that was my body favorite. Moving on to my skincare one! This month, I finally decided to try again some short of face scrub. I've used face scrubs before but I had a bad reaction to it. Maybe the product was too harsh for my skin, or my skin didn't need as much scrubing. I don't know! But the thing is, I love this particular one and it is described as a 7day scrub which means I can use it everyday! This is the Clinique 7day scrub cream. So, what I do is to use it after my cleanser at night, to avoid any irritation with makeup. I follow with a rich moisturizer to replenish my skin or with my normal one if it is a very warm day. My skin feels really clean and refreshed after that! I will keep you guys updated with a review if I do have an improvement with fading red marks.

Clinique 7 day scrub cream

 
For my makeup, I have been using the Make Up Forever Mat velvet plus foundation. I actually have this bottle since last mid-summer. I purchased it, loved it and then forgot it. I tried to use it in the winter, but it was too dry for my skin at that time. If you have any short of dryness, I don't recommend that product. However, as it is getting warmer, this one has been a life-saver for me. It is oil-free and does not clog my pores at all. It has very nice coverage, almost high. It is also water proof, which makes it perfect for summer. And, if you have oily skin, you don't even need a powder with that! As the name says, it totally matifies your skin. I recommend using a tad bit highlighter with it, to make you look more natural.

Make Up For Ever mat velvet + matifying foundation


For my lips, I've been using almost every day my Clinique Chubby stick in the color 04 mega melon. I have done a review on the Chubby sticks in the past. You can read it here if you want.
This color is very complementary with a little tan or a more bronzed look. I found myself reaching for that every day after putting on some bronzer. I think they make a really nice summery look together. Plus it is amazing if you are in a hurry! Makes you look really polished.

Clinique Chubby stick in the color 04 mega melon

And to complete my "makeup in a hurry", (because as I told you this month was full of adventures for me!) , I put on a matt beige eyeshadow which made me look really fresh and awake with two coats of mascara. The eyeshadow that I've been using is a Korres one, in number 15 nude. Korres has really nice eyeshadows with flower extracts in them, for sensitive eyes or for people that use contact lenses, like me.


Korres eyeshadow in the color 15 nude


This month I have a candle favorite, too.  It's a tart from Yankee Candles and it's called Island spa. Very summery and citrus-y, but smells to me like a perfume! I think it has mandarin and lemon in it. Little tip: I use my tarts in little pieces (so that I don't get bored of the smell and switch to another) and store them in these little bags so that I keep the smell fresh.


Yankee Candles tart in the scent Island spa


For book favorites, my sister found the 3rd book of the UGLIES series that I told you in my last monthly favs. The excitement continues! If you haven't read those, just go and get them! Remind me a lot of hunger games.

Specials - third book of the Uglies series


And last but not least, I have rediscovered Once upon a time and I am hooked again. I think I lost my interest in the beginning of season 2, but it just got better and better again!

So, that was all for this month! I hope you had a great month and this one should be a lot better!
Stay tuned for a Body Shop soap review and make sure to subscribe to make it easier to follow me.

If you want to see my last monthly favorites just click here.
And if you want to see more pictures from the Chubby sticks, swatches and my review make sure to click here.

Have a lovely rest of the month, until my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment