Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review: Make Up Forever Mat velvet+ foundation


Hello everyone! Welcome to another one of my reviews.
Today I have for you one of these love or hate products! Things are simple... if you have dry skin, you'll hate that...but if you have combination or oily, you'll love that!
I got the Make Up For Ever Mat velvet+ foundation  last summer and I enjoyed it so much. But in the winter, I was scared to even  look at that.Because my skin had some dry patches, it kept staying like a "cupcake" on! But now that we have summer AGAIN, I reach for that very often. And I am totally in love with it again!
The coverage is medium to high, as you built it up. But it can easily look cakey. So, I wouldn't recommend putting a lot of amount on or use powder after (unless you know you are super oily). That is the main reason I like it. I know that it makes my face look almost flawless for many many hours without powdering or using extra concealer, even if the weather is really hot. It is also waterproof, so it's super appropriate for a pool party or any kinda day that you wanna look amazing at the beach! However, I don't like using it daily. I prefer a BB or something lighter. But what can I say? It is super powerful. It's also oil-free and didn't break me at all! Not even irritated my skin (and you hear that from one with a very sensitive one). 
As you can see in the pictures below, the bottle is plastic, not very classy and luxurious, but very convenient. This is a summer foundation for me, so the small, easy to carry, not breakable packaging is great for traveling!


Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+ foundation


Another huge plus for me is the color range. They come with lots of true skin colors and I found a very light one. If you have quite pale skin, like me, and have a difficulty finding a matching shade, this might work for you. My sister is very pale too and this matches her quite good. I have no020.

Swatch:  Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet+  no 020

As far as application,I wouldn't suggest to apply this with your hands, because it can be difficult to work it in. But a buffing brush would do perfect! You might also wanna work this in parts because it dries quite fast. I found that spraying my brush with a spa water ( I use the one below from Vichy) makes blending easier with this foundation. It also gives a more natural finish.


Vichy Eau Thermale spa water face spray


So, that was all for today's review. Be sure to check this out guys if you do look for a summer foundation! What other foundations do you use? Let me know in the comments below. I'm always in the hunt for a new one!
Until my next post, have a lovely rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment